Deja Vu

Some things happen to remind us of the past. However hard we may try to forget the past, we can't.
    I was riding back home on my friend's, Ojas', bike after my college got over. On my way home, I saw someone. Someone so beautiful, she took my breath away. She was the most beautiful person I had ever seen. As I would know later, she was on her way home, too. 
    I asked Ojas to overtake her. I wanted to see her before she disappeared in the traffic. He adjusted the rear-view mirror for me so that I could see her. I stared at the beautiful image for a long time. By the time I realized that I was bothering her, we changed our paths. We actually changed our paths after a few years.
    Five years later, history repeated itself. It was Déjà Vu. "What we learn from History is that we do not learn from History." Something similar happened. The rear-view mirror incident repeated itself. 
    But I can't share the story with anyone. It is so beautiful and fragile, anything more than a whisper and the beauty would simply vanish. Some things are best left unsaid.
    What I realized from this incident is that there is no point in trying to forget the past. Though we should live in the present we must carry the baggage of the good and bad things of the past. Only then can we anticipate the future better and enjoy life in a better way.

Comments

FrostBite said…
Well, fragile and delicate as it may be, it is best served by poetic memory. These definitely are the things that you should never write, the purity should not be tarnished.

Popular posts from this blog

Argumentative Us

Coorg - Heaven on Earth